Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Word Of The Week

rassasier

Lorant Deutsch, a young French actor known for screwball comedy, is currently starring in a new Paris production of "The Importance of Being Earnest," or, in French, "L'Importance d'être constant."

He has been making the rounds of the television talk shows doing the publicity. During one interview, he said that getting this role (he plays Earnest/Constant) l'a rassasié. Of course, I had to look up rassasier, a new verb for me.

The first meaning is similar to satiate, as it is related to hunger. But the second meaning, and what Lorant meant I think, was that getting this role really satisfied him as an actor. It fulfilled his dreams, passions, and desires. Now, he's still pretty young and has many acting years ahead, but I suppose it's not out of the question that this role was an important milepost for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!