Sunday, July 05, 2009

Look, Up In The Sky...

No birds, no planes, and no sign of Superman. Still, the sky during my Saturday morning walk with Callie was amazing. We were under a layer of what I think were altocumulous clouds, and it was moving off.

The edge of the cloud mass over the vineyard.

I could see the edge of the cloud mass. While I was still in relative shadow, I watched the sunlight advancing toward me. It wasn't all that dramatic, but I thought it was pretty. Now, as I type this, the clouds are long gone and the unobstructed sunlight is heating up the day.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture Walt!
    It looks like a Magritte painting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say what Isabelle said.

    I'm going to leave the picture up on my computer for a while. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you I am seeing France. I did not know it could be so lovely. I don't know what I originally thought; perhaps 'France is so crowded there is no open space" notions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the photo looks unreal. But I do believe you took it!

    Congratulations on keeping up on your blogging -- I have had trouble doing so of late, and am basically taking a break for the summer (there is a post on France Profonde about that, though!)

    I'll try to do some blog reading in the USA.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a truly amazing photo Walt. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!