Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Au lever du soleil

Here are two different views of a recent sunrise. The clouds were hanging in the east, but beginning to break up. To the west, the sky was clearing faster. It's interesting how the colors change on either side of the sunrise.

Looking slightly southeast.

Our weather has been slowly improving and is predicted to be more seasonal, even a bit summery, by week's end. This break in the cold means that we're able to get outside and continue with yard work. Although Ken's allergies have kicked in and he's not enjoying it.

Looking slightly northeast.

If all goes well, we should be getting the vegetable garden in this weekend. I've begun hardening off the tomato, eggplant, and pepper seedlings in anticipation.

6 comments:

  1. Tell Ken to read my blog and get his allergies fixed! Worked like a charm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I love sunrises especially when it's warm. Ah, tell Ken I feel for him. I have been sneezing with my allergies here too. The pollen is so bad this year in CT. it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter how, when, who..... I love sunrise. And sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "hardening off the tomato, eggplant, and pepper seedlings" I don't know what this would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. milkjam, I will, thanks!

    suzanne, thanks. Ken is much better in France than he was in California. His allergy attacks don't last very long here; back there they lasted for months!

    alewis, swiftly fly the years...

    starman, it's the process by which you expose the seedlings to the outdoors gradually so that they're not shocked by direct sun, wind, and temperature changes.

    michael, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!