Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grazin' in the grass is a gas

Can you dig it? This is the seed head of one of the varieties of grass that grows out in the spaces between the vineyards and the woods and in the fields that aren't cultivated. There is a good variety of plants and wildflowers in those fields and I imagine the insect, bird, and small mammal populations are well represented.

Rock it to me, sock it to me, rock it to me, sock it to me.

I can dig it, he can dig it, she can dig it, we can dig it, they can dig it, you can dig it, oh, let's dig it.

9 comments:

  1. Stunning picture. Beautiful purple hue.
    Congratulations, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you dig it BABY... (and repeat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wooooo!"

    Wonderful photo! Made my morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful that grass - and that tune from 1969. I remember it well, playing on AM radio...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is worthy of being framed!!

    BettyAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. chm, merci!

    judy, that song has been in my head for a few days now, so I just had to share.

    suzanne, thanks!

    alewis, but I am. :)

    diogenes, sometimes these songs just pop into my head and I have no idea why.

    starman, did someone say weed?

    vtt, thanks!

    bettyann, the next time I commit a crime, I'll blame it on the grass. Uh-oh...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!