Sunday, October 09, 2011

Un aperçu

After my refreshing drink, I headed out again to look for some lunch. I walked along the rue Saint Dominique looking at restaurant menus, but nothing spoke to me. Until I got to the end of the street. There was an old favorite: le Champ de Mars, a great café very close to the Eiffel Tower. The terrace was sunny and the umbrellas were out. I sat down.

The Eiffel Tower seen from the Avenue Rapp.

Lunch was a big mixed salad and some nicely chilled white wine. Yum. After lunch I still had time for more walking before meeting my cousin Mark and Julie at the Rodin museum. I decided to head up to the river on the Avenue Rapp and walk back toward the Esplanade des Invalides. On my way I was treated to glimpses of the tower rising up above the buildings.

7 comments:

  1. We're not far behind and hoping to catch up at Rodin's Museum. Don't walk too quickly, Sue can't keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I getting nostalgic for Paris. Time for another trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the views of the tower from rue Rapp. I also enjoy the rue Cler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading the tower was supposed to be temporary, and most Parisians thought it a dreadful eyesore. And now.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your recent posts are leaving me quite hungry - not to mention missing Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  6. leon, not to worry. I'm much slower now than I used to be.

    chris, didn't you just get back? ;)

    evelyn, it's a nice neighborhood!

    michael, yup!

    bosguy, sounds like you need to do some trip planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen the tower from that view before.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!