Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A l'intérieur

Inside the Pompidou Center. I think this was the first time that I had ever been up in the main galleries of the permanent exhibits. After thirty years, I finally visited the museum of modern art. Well, better late than never. I loved the exhibit space. It is vast, and yet it has many intimate spaces.

The main corridor in the museum. Smaller exhibit spaces branch off on either side. That's an Andy Warhol on the right. Ten Elizabeth Taylors.

The art itself... well, it's modern. And like all art, you like some of it, and you scratch your head at some of it. And make no mistake, the Pompidou is huge. There is a lot to see and absorb. It's not possible to take it all in during a single visit.

I'm going to post some of my photos of some of the art. I'm warning you now. Not too much, but some of the stuff made for good photos. Brace yourselves.

9 comments:

  1. We actually enjoyed the outside with the buskers so next year we will venture inside - look forward to your future posts on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tour of Paris that you've been hosting. Now I don't need to visit.
    Wait! That's not why you're doing this, is it?
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour of the Pompidou. It's a long time since I last visited it! Looking forward to the art :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bracing for modern art in a modern museum! I'm really enjoying your Paris series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's some great art inside. Like the Guggenheim you start at the top. That looks like a Franz Kline on the left.

    And Ten Elizabeth Taylors? You can never have too many.

    Looking forward to your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Modern Art isn't my cup of tea - but after saying that I really enjoyed my visit to the Bilbao branch of the Guggenheim. I have braced myself, bring it on, Walt!

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your pictures! It feels like I am actually standing there. Can Ia sk you what type of camera you use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Modern art often borders on the inane. I saw an exhibit at the Modern Art Musée near Palais de Chaillot in which one was a room full of garbage. I mean actually a room full of garbage. Another was a room painted white with a small white box in the middle of the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. leon & sue, coming right up!

    mark, curses, foiled again. LOL!

    n&a, I'm not posting too much of the art. Just a few. :)

    evelyn, thanks!

    diogenes, that's the first Warhol I think I've ever seen "live." If you know what I mean.

    mary, it won't be too painful, I promise!

    desiree, sure! It's a Panasonic Lumix FZ7 digital, what they call a "bridge" camera because it's in between a pocket and an SLR. I'm in the market to trade up to an SLR digital (I used SLRs for years when I used film), and next year might be the year.

    starman, I did see a lot of stuff that made me go "hmmmmmmm." But some traditional art does that to me, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!