Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Autumn sunrise

The sun is not yet at its lowest point of the year, but it's getting there. Right now the sun rises to the south of due east. It's a long and low sunrise. The light is horizontal for a long time and the high point is not very high at mid-day. These trees (which are a common sight on this blog) seemed to glow orange-red in the morning sun this past weekend.

Sunrise in the vineyard on Saturday, 19 October 2013.

You will be pleased to know that I got the grass cut on Monday. All of it. At least one, if not two, of our neighbors was also out cutting his grass. Like I said, you've got to make hay while the sun shines. Depending on the weather, I may need to cut the grass one more time this year. We'll see. Last year's final cut was on November 8. In 2011, I cut it on November 21. Yes, I keep records.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo Walt....the sun shines a with a more orangey glow here for us around this time of the year too.
    Loved your "Things are looking up" photo a few days ago too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the 'making hay" expression almost literally.

    (Should I call you Rainman instead of Walt the Fourth?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. virginiac, thanks!

    judy, nerd central. Now I need to watch some Star Trek. ;)

    mitch, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought they were kind of reddish, but then I thought it was just because I'm color-blind and sometimes green looks red to me.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!