Friday, December 13, 2013

A frosted rose

Our mornings are still below freezing, but that's supposed to change this weekend with a rain front that's coming in off the ocean. We've been enjoying the frost, only because the sun has been out and there's been relatively little wind to make it feel colder. The wood stove is getting its daily workout, and that will continue into March.

Jack Frost nipping at your rose...

I'm getting my hair cut today, and then its pizza for lunch. We just had pizza with leeks and bacon on Wednesday. My crust recipe makes four individual pizzas, so we have two on one day and then another two a few days later. Today we'll have tomato sauce, ham, and cheese pizzas.

12 comments:

  1. I'mma come to your house for lunch!

    currently 2:45a here, 24F, 3/4 full moon in the sky, friday the 13th, and I LOVE the frosty rose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with AMiP...
    and the frosty rose actually looks as though you've covered it with sugar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo really is exceptional - crying out to be incorporated into a calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt that is a gorgeous frosted rose photo.....almost looks like something delicious to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just take care of your chestnuts around that open fire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyeux anniversaire, CHM!
    Great photo, Walt, and you look to have outdone yourself on the leek and bacon pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope it doesn't get too cold! Yes, perfect time to eat comfort food and particularly pizza.
    Joyeux anniversaire CHM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one delicious looking rose! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first thought: ...so that's the photo the food stylists are copying when they make a sugar-coated rose for Martha Stewart and others!
    Just as Anne-Marie, Tim and Virginia wrote! However, I've had that kind of comment by me pointed out previously as: "Mary, that is not a copy - that is the REAL DEAL!" Well done, Walt! AND, it would be a terrific photo to enjoy for an entire month as Raybeard has suggested! Time to sell your photos in a calendar foremat, Walt: 365 days in the environs of the Cher Valley or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is so cool. Literally. Beautiful shot. I do hope there is not a direct connection between the haircut and the pizza. I mean I know fiber is good for you but really.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grand merci Walt, Judy et Nadège de vos bons souhaits d'anniversaire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Another incredible photo!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!