Thursday, January 23, 2014

Play misty for me

Ok, that's a stretch. I'm still showing you pictures of the misty morning we had on Sunday. Since then, we've had some sun and some rain. And the temperatures have dropped. The daily fires continue, but I'm just about out of kindling.

These vines have been pruned, but there is still work to do here before spring.

That's not to say there that there is no kindling to be gathered. Downed branches and such make very good kindling, and I still have two piles of dead hazelnut branches out back. The problem is that it keeps raining, and that makes the kindling wet and no good. I need to gather it and let it dry under the shelter for a few days. I've done that a time or two, but I'm running out and need to do it again.

Maybe I'll just have another glass of wine.

4 comments:

  1. It is going to be sunny all morning....
    go gather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Option 2 is always a good choice. It warms from the inside out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tim, and I did!

    stuart, yes, and I enjoy it. :)

    anne marie, I did both! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!