Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A morning of errands

Tuesday morning saw a flurry of activity, at least for us. Ken had an early doctor's appointment and I had a couple of errands to run in town. All went well, with one hitch. I was turning in some paperwork at the health service office. I thought I had everything I needed, but I had completely forgotten to bring my official identification. So I had to get back in the car and head home (all of two or three miles) to fetch it.

A communications tower to our southwest.

When I got back to the health service office I didn't have to wait in line and everything was cool. I also had to stop at the lawyer's office to turn in some more papers (our wills) and then stop at the supermarket. When I got home, Ken told me that the boiler that runs our central heating system had shut itself down. He had called for a repair, but the technician wouldn't get here until the afternoon. Since the house was cold, I built a fire in the stove while Ken made lunch.

The technician arrived soon after lunch and replaced a small part to get the boiler working again. Thank goodness, because it's cold this morning!

4 comments:

  1. Everything in this photo appears to be reaching for the sky. The tower wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! Good news on the boiler repair, that's for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least, you've got a fireplace for times like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stuart, by leaps and bounds.

    judy, no kidding!

    starman, yes, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!