Thursday, February 06, 2014

Blow me down

Didn't Popeye say that? I guess he would have lost that tough-guy image if he said, "you can knock me over with a feather." Or ate spinach quiche. None of that has anything to do with this photo of a dead tree trunk knocked down by the wind.

Dead wood in the vineyard.

I think it's been there for a while, but I'm not sure. Trees in this patch of woods blow over all the time, and sometimes they fall across the vine rows.


  1. This looks like you arrived just after a fire.

  2. Did anything blow down last night (Thursday night) ? We had some strong winds here. Nice shot of the downed tree. Future firewood ?

  3. starman, I see what you mean, but there was no fire, thank goodness!

    stuart, we just had a few small branches on the ground, nothing serious. That downed tree is not firewood for me. It's not my land.


Pour your heart out! I'm listening.