Friday, May 23, 2014

Green

Between Wednesday's and Thursday's storms, we got about forty millimeters (over an inch and a half) of rain. That's nearly a month's worth in twenty-four hours. Things are going to get mighty green around here.

This is part of our yard before the recent rain. The apple trees are fully leafed out.

I went to the market in a nearby town yesterday because I know of two plant vendors there that have always had a nice mix of vegetable seedlings and flowers. I don't need any vegetables since I've grown my own seedlings, but I wanted some geraniums for the flower boxes on the deck and outside the kitchen window. In past years I've put surfinias (cascading petunias) in the kitchen boxes, but this year I wanted to try a cascading geranium. I was armed with the name of a geranium I saw at the blueberry farm last summer, but the woman at the market didn't have that variety. She showed me another cascading geranium that she had and I liked it, so I bought six little pots for the window boxes. I was thinking of driving up to the blueberry farm to see if they had the rozanne variety, but I didn't need to.

I planted the deck geraniums yesterday. Today I'll tackle the window boxes.

4 comments:

  1. I could swear that I could hear the grass growing out in the meadow this morning....
    I can certainly see it has grown since last Saturday's mow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree! Beautiful yard! I can't wait to see the window box photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing those are ivy geraniums that you bought. I'm thinking red ?

    Mary in OR

    ReplyDelete
  4. tim, yes. That's the grass you hear!

    judy, coming up!

    mary, not sure. I'll post photos when they're all in.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!