Friday, June 27, 2014

Not a Bronx cheer

The pleasant surprise at the blueberry farm was that they had planted a whole field of raspberries. After picking two whole buckets of blueberries, Ken and I borrowed a container from our friend K. and picked some raspberries. I probably ate as many as I picked. Shame on me.

Framboises. Don't they look amazingly good?

Along the way we met a British woman who lives nearby. She recognized us from our blogs and introduced herself. We felt a little like celebrities. Christine was very nice and we enjoyed talking with her. The blogging thing is abstract on a day-to-day basis. You write stuff and publish pictures, but when you actually meet someone who reads it regularly, it becomes something else. Very nice.

Picking raspberries in the morning sun. It was not at all hot out. Very pleasant.

We ate half the raspberries while they were fresh. Yummy. Then I froze the remaining half. We'll use those to make frozen yogurt or ice cream in the coming weeks. And I have to say, they are delicious! We will certainly go back next year for more.

Raspberries in front, blueberries behind, then a big stand of conifers.

9 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm raspberries. I've just made raspberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pbhttttttttttttttttt! (a bronx cheer)

    don't feel too bad about eating all that nice fresh summer fruit. I WOULD if I were in your shoes! they look dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Christine was excited to meet you! Raspberries beg to be eaten asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very excited Evelyn, although I tried to appear cool (!) Unlike Walt, I just stuffed myself with raspberries so have none to freeze. But they were very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love raspberries very much so when I am picking them I eat as much as possible. It is very nice to meet a blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool about meeting a reader :)) Yuuummmmmmm about the raspberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go to the berry place few times during the growing season. Fruits and vegetables don't last long in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well of course you are celebrities. My wife Elizabeth made some raspberry confiture last week... nectar of the gods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist raspberries! I am under orders to make raspberry jelly. It may be raspberry and redcurrant, for the set. P.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!