Monday, September 22, 2014

End of summer sunrise

Today is the last day of summer for the year. The equinox occurs in the wee hours on Tuesday morning and we will officially be in autumn. The weather seems to concur as the forecast for the week includes lower highs and lower lows. The grape harvest is getting under way and the hunting season is beginning. I've noticed leaves dropping at an increasing rate, although it will still be a while before the trees are bare.

That bright narrow streak in the sky is the contrail of a jetliner heading south.

Our firewood has still not been delivered. I should be using dry days to saw logs, but I can't if they're not here. The wood was promised, so it will get here eventually, I'm sure. There's no shortage of outdoor work to do in the meantime.

5 comments:

  1. Great photo, and great-looking suet feeder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extra Sunday of peace since there was no hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathtaking! I've been enjoying the end of summer sunrises here, too. Hope the wood gets there soon. (Do you have a delivery time of "mas o menos" -- more or less -- in French?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walt,
    Cloud formations and the color have always fascinated me. Fall is coming.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a geometric sky--love it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!