Sunday, January 25, 2015

A sign of the times

This home-made sign has seen better days. I saw it along one of my dog-walking routes last week. It's strange that I never noticed it before because it looks like it has been there for a while. The sign is on a tree next to a stream bed where I've noticed the neighboring households dumping yard waste.

I suppose whoever owns the property is concerned about pollution, and rightfully so.

Here's what I think it says:

Végétaux - oui (Yard waste - yes)
Désherbants - non (Herbicides - no)
Produits toxiques - non (Poisonous products - no)
XXXXX

I can't make out that bottom line from my photo; I'll have to go back and take a closer look. We're still having just barely freezing temperatures in the morning, but the weather people are telling us we'll be warming up a little in the coming week.

7 comments:

  1. I think the last word might be santé. It would just about make sense and it certainly appears to be 'san' something. The next letter doesn't appear to be an 's', so I don't think it's sans something, which might not make as much sense considering it results in a oui.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It appears that the sign is mostly bio-degradable. I wonder if they used environmentally friendly pigments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you live in an ecological area. I hope so..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be "Sauf"...something? "Only...." Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan was correct! The sign says "Santé - oui."

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap hand Lanzhu cheap shoulders, ray ban factory ray ban outlet store outlet look sincere said. Then look to the discount ray ban sunglasses sky, and a look of deep melancholy, as if just the silver swing guy someone else. cheap, we walk it together. ray ban factory outlet cheap soft, cheap ray ban factory store is a scream, but not resort to cheap, had taken a step backward. cheap finally ray ban factory outlet woke up from obscenity to God.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!