Saturday, July 11, 2015

What's on tv

This weekend is finals weekend in Wimbledon, the Tour de France rolls on, and Bastille Day is on Tuesday. None of these events is mentioned on this week's program cover. Instead, we have Sandrine Quétier, the new host of MasterChef on TF1. I don't normally watch cooking competition shows, so I won't miss anything.

No mention of July 14 event coverage on this week's cover.

What NOT to watch this week. Our tv magazine rates shows and movies using a star system: one star is ok, four stars is best. They use another symbol for really bad movies: the red dot. It means "à zapper" (change the channel!). The editors often include comments about the movie that make me laugh.

Apparently, it's "shark week" in the USA, the Discovery Channel's annual collection of shark related programming. Here in France, it seems that there's always some shark movie on. This week, it's "Jersey Shore Shark Attack." I don't think they're talking about the island of Jersey, either.

Jersey Shore Shark Attack. American made-for-tv movie. Directed by John Shepphird, 2012.
With Jack Scalia, Jeremy Luke, Joey Russo, and Daniel Booko.
In New Jersey, a coastal drilling operation liberates a horde of albino bull sharks from the deep.
The actors, all bad, are helped along with a non-existent storyline. It's so bad, it's irresistible!
For adults and children over 10.

6 comments:

  1. I think you mean the Discovery Channel's annual collection of shark related nonsense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did you know that there have been shark attacks off the coast of the Carolinas and shark sightings off the Jersey shore, too, this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ellen, I hadn't heard about a sighting off the New Jersey shore-- really!? That's the shore I grew up going to.
    "It's so bad, it's irresistible!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://patch.com/new-jersey/pointpleasant/watch-sharks-stingray-invade-jersey-shore-beaches-more-could-come
      We didn't go often to the shore, but when we did, it was to Long Beach Island. Even my kids remember a couple of summer vacations at Barnegat Light.

      Delete
  4. susan, but of course! I read, though, that this year they've denounced the pseudo science and fake sensationalism... I wonder.

    ellen, yes, we've seen that in the news. Yikes!

    judy, :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. While reading your Blog Walt, Sue is in the other room watching Master Chef Australia. I have to say that everyone is nice to each other and the judges are very supportive but - well, we are Aussies.
    I bet you are enjoying the Tennis as I am enjoying the TdF.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!