Thursday, September 17, 2015

A more recognizable view

Yesterday's photo was a close-up of a small portion of the Dôme des Invalides in Paris. So today I thought I'd post a much wider view, seen from the other side and across the river to the northwest. The dome of the church is prominent, as is the ornate bridge, le Pont Alexandre III, which connects the Esplanade des Invalides on the Left Bank to the Avenue des Champs-Elysées on the Right Bank.

Napoleon's tomb is under that dome.

As I've been doing with these old slides, I'm trying to improve them with Lightroom software. This one came out a little contrasty, with the blacks becoming very, very black. But I think it's okay. The original photo was a little too washed out above the bridge line.

4 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous photo treatment despite the very black blacks. We've been talking about a trip to Paris and your photos make it even more enticing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mitch, be sure to let me know if and when you go to Paris. Maybe we could meet up... :)

      Delete

Tell me what you think!