Friday, March 04, 2016

Spanish eyes

I'm back into the archives. This photo is from twelve years ago (!) when Ken and I visited our friend Sue in Spain. She was in Madrid on an intensive language program. She wasn't so much there for the language as she was for the adventure. We spent couple of days, during which we took a side trip to Segovia, an historical city about 90km north of Madrid. The city is filled with significant architecture from Roman times through the gothic period.

Colorful clothes and flower pots adorn the balconies of this residence in Segovia.

This building is, perhaps, less significant, but probably not to the people who live in it. I caught one tenant on laundry day. I remember it being very cold and windy that day in Segovia. Still, we wandered around on foot taking in the sights. We had our dog, Collette, with us so we didn't go inside any of major buildings and we had to put her in the car when we stopped for lunch.

I took photos on that trip with Ken's Canon PowerShot Pro90. I didn't get my own digital camera until 2006. I posted a small series of photos from that trip here in 2009. If you want to see them, click on the "Spain Trip" label at the bottom of this post.

6 comments:

  1. Good symmetry but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool building, despite the laundry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spain is so different from France, lots of Moorish influence in places. This building is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. andrew, but, what?

    judy, I think the laundry makes the picture!

    evelyn, true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so fond of the texture. Funnily just today I saw a photo of what here is known as a 'Hollywood' block of flats, somewhat Spanish looking, with a similar patterned texture.

      Delete
  5. A great shot! It's fun to see the Moorish influence in the facade. Your pictures always tell wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!