Saturday, April 30, 2016

Morning sun

We had a nice clear morning on Friday and the sun streamed into the yard on the north side of the house, as it does this time of year. In winter, the sun is too low and too far to the south to send beams into this part of the yard. It's nice to see during spring, summer, and fall.

A zoomed shot across the back yard on Friday morning.

I've begun the packing process for my trip. It takes me a few days to gather everything up, sort through, and decide what to take. And this year, instead of taking a laptop computer, I'm taking a tablet. I remember when taking laptops on trips was cool. Now they just seem too bulky and heavy to schlep around, especially the one we have. I know there are sleeker, lighter models out there, but I don't have one. So I've been busy customizing the tablet and downloading the apps I think I'll need while on the road.

3 comments:

  1. Exactly what I have done for our two past holidays, that is just take the tablet. I can't believe I lugged the old laptop, the one before last, around Japan a few years ago. God it was heavy. Having to use a tablet is a good way to learn all about it. It is some time since you have been to the US, yes? You must be looking forward to it. You are correct. It is lovely lighting in that certain spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's magic in the light shown in this photo. There's a noticeable change in the light this time of year. Tablets make travel easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew, I'm looking forward to having the tablet. It's 4 years since I've been back to the States.

    evelyn, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!