Monday, April 25, 2016

This old vine

I've posted pictures of this vine many times here. It's one of a few that grow up against three sides of a storage building out in the vineyard. The grapes are not harvested for wine, in fact I'm not even sure they're wine grapes. People walking through the vineyard often stop and pop a few of the grapes in their mouths as they pass by. Wildlife gets the rest. I saw the grower who owns the adjacent parcels out there last week pruning these for the season.

These grape vines don't get pruned as hard as the wine grapes do. They're ornamental.

I thought I was done with fires for the season, but no. Our mornings are back down toward freezing again and the house cools down. I built a fire in the wood stove yesterday and that made everything comfy and cozy. I'll probably do the same for the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. It was cold here last week, but now the weather is normal and just right. I hope next week will be warmer there. That old vine lives on and is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that they prune it, just because.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!