Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Industrial arts

A transitional neighborhood is just that, a neighborhood in transition. It's changing. So there is old and new. Here is some of the old. I couldn't tell if this building was occupied or not, but the parking lot behind it seemed to be unused. I wondered if this might be part of the HVAC system, but that would probably have been on the roof. Whatever it is, I thought it looked cool.

It looks strangely new and strangely old at the same time.

Then there was this old chimney, but I couldn't tell what it had been attached to. The graffiti artists had a good time, nonetheless.

You either like it or you hate it. I don't know how I feel about it, except that it makes a nice photo.

And then, across the canal, I saw these two tractor things. The day was so gray that their color kind of caught my eye.

Brightly colored tractors on a drab day.

5 comments:

  1. Even though these grafitis are different they all look the same and are boring, but I agree with you it makes an interesting photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gifted for seeing things that others of us might pass right by. I love all these. I hate that kind of graffiti (tagging) but love it in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your titles! Those bright "tractor-things" really do stand out with all the muted colors in the back!

    Tagging just doesn't turn me on. I've seen some documentaries about the artists and how they are just trying to use their skills, but my worst sightings were pulling into and out of Lyon, France on the TGV. Just ugly. In my opinion.

    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the first time I have seen French graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. chm, I wondered if people thought that when the impressionists first started... lol.

    mitch, back in the olden days people actually had to carve their graffiti in stone! ;0

    mary, some of it is very inventive and beautiful, but a lot of it just seems to make places look trashy.

    michael, Canadian! But I'll tell you, the stuff in France looks just the same.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!