The frame around the shower door was supposed to be stainless/silver, but the plumber ordered the wrong color, so we got white. Re-ordering would have taken more than two months. He agreed to a discount if we accepted the white.
The new shower is basically done. The plumbing contractor packed up his tools and did a little clean-up yesterday. There's still some touch-up painting to be done by the tile guy, probably about ten minutes work. I spent a couple of hours washing down the old tile walls, the fixtures, and the floor. There was a lot of plaster dust. I also washed the windows. Today we will each use the shower for the first time. We're slowly getting moved back into the bathroom. Since there's a little less wall space than before, we have to make some decisions about storage and we're considering the options.
The "old" pre-fab shower. It was new in 2005.
So here is the "before" photo (above). The pre-fab unit was 90cm x 90cm with a quarter-round corner cut out of it where the door was, and the seat took up some of the interior space. The new shower is 100cm x 100cm plus the bench, which adds another 26cm on one side, so there's more maneuvering room in there. I'll let you know how it feels.