Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Oh what a frosty web we weave

Or recent spell of brouillard givrant (freezing fog) made us feel like we lived in a winter wonderland, all without any snow. The spell is over for now and we're back to cold and damp, our temperatures hovering just above zero. One thing I noticed with the fog was that even the most delicate things, like spiders' webs, got covered in little frosty crystals.

A partially frosted web.

This one is not particularly spectacular, but it gives you the idea. It was easy to photograph since it was on the deck. But out in the vineyard the webs were amazing.

5 comments:

  1. Which makes me wonder what spiders to for food in winter as their webs freeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love the magic of those crystalline spider webs. But I don't mind not seeing them anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it's very cool, if you'll pardon the expression. I do wish it would snow though. I need the photo blog material badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. andrew, good question!

    mitch, I know what you mean...

    stuart, haha! Some snow would be nice.

    michael, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!