Monday, January 09, 2017

Warm week

Now, when I say "warm," I mean "not freezing." The frost is gone, but the fog remains. Gray skies and periods of mist and drizzle will be our norm for the next week, with a little rain thrown in for fun.

Trees in our yard covered with a layer of frost last week.

And speaking of change, our new baker in town has made some changes. We're losing another day of bread delivery, specifically Friday. From now on we will have bread delivered on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays only. It's not a hardship for us, especially since we can get more than one baguette and freeze it if we want. The new schedule also gives us a chance to get bread from different bakeries if we're out and about, and there are several good ones around that we like.

The other change is that the price of our tradi (baguette tradition, a kind of "old fashioned" loaf that was officially recognized in the 1990s) is going up from one euro to one euro and ten centimes. Still a bargain. Looking on the bright side, we will be able to get rid of some of the small change we collect.

5 comments:

  1. Always look on the bright side of ...loaf, Walt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo.

    We're always grateful for ways to use our, as Jerry calls it, "brown money."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know there was such a thing as bread delivery. But it makes as much sense to me as milk delivery... which is still possible in some areas of the States.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny comments about "brown money", Mitchell. That bread you have delivered is like manna from heaven in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jan, LOL! And, I know what side it's buttered on.

    mitch, in France they're called "pieces jaunes," yellow coins.

    stuart, it's a rural thing to help people who don't get out much. Like me... um...

    evelyn, I don't think it'll last much longer before they just stop. We'll be able to say, "I remember when..."

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!