Friday, March 24, 2017

Tête-à-tête

That's the name of this miniature daffodil variety. Pots of them were for sale in the grocery store recently and I couldn't resist, so I picked one up. That was almost two weeks ago. Then, the plants were much shorter and only one or two flowers had opened. Since then, the plants have doubled in height and most of the flowers have opened.

Tête-à-tête means "head to head" in French.

The living room is filled with spring, at least for a little while. I will have to take care to keep the bulbs safe over the summer and remember to plant them outdoors in the fall. That is not something I'm particularly good at remembering to do, but I'll try my best.

8 comments:

  1. Not that it matters to you I'm sure, but this isn't tete-a-tete. TaT has multiple flowers on one stalk. It's been mislabelled (possibly deliberately, in order to put the price up for a popular named variety).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daffodils fill my heart with joy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your daffodils! I've stuck whole plants in the ground in the spring and let them die down naturally. They came back and I didn't have to remember to plant them in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I like being in the country in France in May : listening to the cuckoos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hundreds of this favorite! Planting more this fall! Can never have enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our autumn (fall) has arrived and we purchased 100 bulbs. Like you I now need to plant them so thank you for the reminder Walt. I'll do it today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all one pot? Wow. Usually you get maybe two stems in those things.
    Lovely flowers. Clearly they like you and your house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. susan, one of the stalks did indeed have two flower heads, which I noticed as I knew nothing about tête-à-tête daffs before this. But they were not expensive at all, quite the opposite in fact.

    mitch, it's that time of year. Around here, most people have some in their gardens, and some people have them in abundance.

    evelyn, that might be what I do...

    t.b., they seem to be fewer in number than I remember ten years ago. They're certainly a sign of spring!

    ron, I've seen some of your photos when they're blooming. Gorgeous!

    leon, enjoy! Planting bulbs is not all that much fun, but the result is worth it.

    emm, yup, all one. There are six or seven bulbs in there.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!