Saturday, April 29, 2017

It's freakin' cold

April came in like a lamb, but it's going out like an iceberg. Yuck. Going for the morning walk with Callie is not pleasant. Coat, scarf, knit cap, gloves. And taking Tasha out to do her "business" at 6 a.m. is even less pleasant. It warms up some in the afternoon, making things a little more manageable. I tried to take a photo of the two dogs together outside yesterday, but Callie ran from the camera and Tasha just rolled around in the grass.

Tasha plays with me in the living room. In this shot she's NOT biting my fingers.

On Friday afternoon Callie and Tasha and I spent some good time playing outside. Callie is still trying to figure out who this new animal is, but Tasha just runs and jumps and rolls and has a good time. I left the two of them outside alone together for about fifteen minutes and they were good (I watched from a window). Then Tasha came bounding back in the house and collapsed for a nap. I like that. With better weather, we'll be able to spend more time outside and less time trying to play indoors.

And, as a bonus, Tasha learned to climb the stairs in one day! She can go up, but she hasn't yet learned how to climb down. That'll come as she gets bigger.

10 comments:

  1. I remember that phase with Lulu. She would rush upstairs and stand at the top, wagging her tail furiously, waiting to be carried down so she could do it again. Such fun! Puppies are exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that face!!! I'm in love. I'm in love. I'm in love.

    We're experiencing the same kind of weather here. Summer in early April and winter now. Rain and wind and high surf. The beaches are again a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her sharp little puppy teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had a puppy (never had a dog!), so this is really great fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks, and sounds, the perfect pup, and is already quite a character !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments! Puppyhood is demanding! It seems we have a full day of activities, waking, walking, eating, playing, pooping, playing, playing, and playing again. Then I look at the clock and it's only 8:30 in the morning! Whew! Thankfully there are lulls when Tasha needs to nap after she wears herself, and us, out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely poochie-pooch !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!