Saturday, May 27, 2017

Tool time

As planned, I went to the hardware store early on Friday morning to find something for hanging tools in the garden shed. I found a product that looked promising and took two of them. I decided to put one on each end of the shed where the roof is highest. That means that one hanger is just inside the door and the other faces it on the opposite wall.

Callie and Tasha supervised my work in the garden shed.

Installing the hangers meant drilling holes in the masonry walls of the shed. That requires electricity, and the shed is about as far away from the house as you can get on our lot. Back when I was doing my own hedge-trimming, I got two very long spooled extension cords that I could connect together to power the electric trimmer. They came in handy for powering the drill in the shed.

One of the tool hangers installed and loaded up with rakes and things.

The first hanger went up pretty easily. I had a minor problem with the second one: the drill moved a little and one of the three holes was not exactly where it should have been. But it was only off by a little and I got it to work without having to drill another hole.

This is the hanger just inside the shed door. More rakes and things.

The only other "problem" is that there aren't enough hangers for all the things I want to hang. So I decided that the tools with closed handles can hang on nails on the back wall of the shed. There are some existing nails, but I think I'll add a few more so that everything can hang.

Spades and forks hanging on nails along the shed's back wall.

Everything is still not back inside the shed, but I'm getting there. And I have to make a trip to the dump soon to get rid of the junk and the chemicals. The dump has a special collecting point for hazardous materials like old paint, used motor oil, and other things that need special treatment.

6 comments:

  1. This makes the obsessive-compulsive me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shed with lovely dogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely simple tools hung precise and with care - splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really impressed. It all looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, glad I could help. Oh, and me too.

    gosia, they were very helpful!

    michael, kind of like a painting...

    thickethouse, as my grandfather used to say, "It's better than it is, wasn't it?"

    judy, :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!