Monday, July 03, 2017

Not thistles

Not much to say today. The Tour de France is under way. Wimbledon is starting. So there's stuff to watch on television. We're both going to the dentist this week. And the weather is supposed to be better. I'm looking forward to shorts and t-shirts again.

Nice purple flowers.

We're certainly still in puppy mode with Tasha. But overall, it's going well. We have our moments. She barks a lot. She bites a lot (playful, not agressive). I remember this stage with Callie. I thought I was going to have to kill her, but I didn't. We'll get through this and all will be well.

5 comments:

  1. When our great-nephew was 7, his father made a salad using a gourmet mix of greens instead of iceberg lettuce. He took one bite, spat it onto his plate and yelled, "I'm eating thistle!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not a thistle but a bachelor button, known in French as bleuet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you are both wrong.... not thistle, not bluet.... it is Knapweed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tim, but both knapweed and bluet are close relatives, both Centaurea, thistle being a distant cousin.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!