Friday, September 29, 2017

Empty

Yesterday I assembled a new gas barbecue grill that I had ordered from Amazon. I got tired of the old grill. It's not all that old (we've had it for four summers now), but it has "features" that I just don't like, the main one being that the grill surface is enameled steel, like a flat surface with holes in it, and it really isn't a "grill" at all. I've lived with it and learned how to use it, but I've never really liked it. And it's a real pain in the butt to clean. The new barbecue has a larger grilling surface made of cast iron. It's a real grill, not a platter with holes in it. It actually reminds me a little of the Weber gas grill we had in San Francisco. I'll be using it for the first time today, I hope. I have to go buy a new flexible, the hose that connects the gas bottle to the barbecue. The new grill has easier connections for the hose, another plus.

Everything, and nothing, that you need to assemble a barbecue grill.

I'll post a photo of it soon. But in the meantime, this is the package of little hardware that came with the new grill. It's screws and cotter pins and nuts and bolts. I got a kick out of the section of the pack that is labelled "Empty." And it was. And "empty" has a very interesting shape, don't you think?

10 comments:

  1. I’m wondering what the fewer and fewer French people who don’t speak English will make out of that Empty box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally prefer to have my emptiness in a blister pack. Where it can't escape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is odd. Are there instructions for "empty"? I wouldn't have a clue how to attach it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!
    Looking forward to seeing the new grill in action :)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe the 'empty' bubble contains a sample of the gas you are supposed to use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a neat package! It's nicer than a bunch of baggies. Empty could be called "ennui" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sort of reminds me of "this page left intentionally blank."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's exactly what my husband said. :))

      Quite intriguing, this empty space/shape. Never seen anything like it before.

      Delete
  8. chm, they'd need a dictionary!

    stuart, there's nothing worse than loose emptiness!

    mitch, the instructions were equally unsubstantial.

    judy, soon! I used it yesterday and like it so far.

    ladybird, never thought of that!

    evelyn, emm, I grill, therefore I am.

    chris, I thought of that, too.

    elgee, it was a first for me, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!