Saturday, January 13, 2018

Paris morning

Another shot from the archives, this time from a spring morning in 1997. Ken and I rented a studio apartment in the 7th arrondissement. The windows in the main room opened on to a tiny balcony with a great view of the Eiffel Tower.

The view from our window. Color slide, Paris 1997.

We were in Paris that year to attend the French Open tennis tournament for the first time. We had tickets for the women's final on Saturday and for the men's final on Sunday. The weather was great on both days. We watched Iva Majoli beat Martina Hingis for the championship, and Gustavo Kuerten won over Sergi Bruguera.

7 comments:

  1. It is a great photo. Apparently Henri Leconte has been making tourism ads for Australia for a French audience. I wonder if you will see them on tv or somewhere. I can't remember what he looked like when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've just got back from Australia and I heard plenty of French in the streets of Manly, but nowhere else.

      Delete
  2. I hope your leek pizza was as delicious as it looked in yesterday's post!

    You must have really enjoyed attending the French Open that year -- wow! What a treat!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty amazing view of the tour - you must have been on the top floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't that look glorious! Rising up to the sun like that. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. andrew, I haven't seen any yet, but I keep an eye out for them.

    judy, yes and yes!

    diogenes, we were, indeed.

    elgee, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have just sat by the window and watched the Eiffel Tower. What a location!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!