Friday, February 02, 2018

It's so wet...

How wet is it? If I were Johnny Carson, I'd have a better comeback for that line. As it is, I have reality: it's so wet that mushrooms are sprouting in the lawn. These are likely not edible, and I have no intention of trying to find out. We racked up a total of 150mm (almost 6 inches) of rain during January, three times the monthly average for around here.

Soggy grass with mushrooms.

For the non-Americans out there (or the younger Americans), Johnny Carson was the host of the Tonight Show for thirty years between 1962 and 1992. He and his sidekick, Ed McMahon, did that bit (it's so X, how X is it?) for years. The Tonight Show is a late night talk show on American television. It's the longest running talk show in the world having debuted in 1954 with Jack Parr Steve Allen (Parr came after Allen) as host, continuing to the present version with Jimmy Fallon as host.

4 comments:

  1. Hard to believe Johnny Carson left the show 26 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always just called it The Johnny Carson show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the great Steve Allen with his infectious giggle?










    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, no kidding! I had pretty much stopped watching by then. Couldn't stay up that late any more.

    judy, us too.

    sheila, I remember Steve Allen, just not his stint on "Tonight." I wasn't born yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!