Thursday, June 28, 2018

Concorde

Last Saturday I posted a photo of the place de la Concorde as seen looking down the rue Royale. Here's another shot from edge of the place itself. I walked around the western edge of the place, past the Hôtel de Crillon (a fancy-schmancy high-end hotel) and the American Embassy (lots of guards with guns), across the avenue des Champs-Elysées, and to the river.

The place de la Concorde sits between the Tuileries garden and the avenue des Champs-Elysées.

I was forming an idea for lunch. I know of two brasseries/cafés over in the 7th arrondissement on the boulevard de la Tour-Maubourg, so I headed downstream along the river and crossed the pont Alexandre III toward the esplanade des Invalides. The thought of a good lunch spurred me on.

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if there are any UNinteresting views there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you manage to take these pictures without lots of passers-by in the frame or people/cars/bikes zooming past? Did you have to wait a long time before you could take this shot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, and by the way: I love the golden dome in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the "an american in paris" ballet scene in my head when I look at this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, well, maybe that will be my next project!

    elgee, this was a Sunday morning... maybe that helped. The dome is the church at Invalides.

    anne marie, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!