Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Théatre du Palais Royal

After leaving Saint-Sulpice, I made my way over to Odéon and the boulevard Saint-Germain. I new a café there that I liked and, sure enough, it was bustling. I sat in the window and had a café and croissant. After that, I headed along the boulevard to a branch of my bank to get some cash from the ATM. I walked back along the river to Notre Dame, then across Cité through the Place Dauphine, where I saw another bride and groom, dressed in their wedding clothes, getting their picture taken.

The theater is on the northwest corner of the Palais Royal.

I continued walking around the Louvre on the rue de Rivoli to where the Comédie Française backs up against the Palais Royal. I went through the garden enclosed by the Palais (and saw several more wedding parties being photographed. It's a thing!) and exited on the north side. I didn't take any pictures during that entire walk, until I found the Théatre du Palais Royal. I don't know why.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know that I have ever seen (or noticed?) the Théâtre du Palais Royale. Great photo. I know we all say that repetitively, but it's just always so true! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sort of theatre do they do typical?

    ReplyDelete
  3. judy, I don't remember it, either, but I'm sure I must have walked around back before.

    michael, dunno!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!