Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Apple piles

It only took about an hour, or less. I raked up the apples under two trees, then put the apples from each pile into a wheelbarrow and dumped them into the compost pile. I made about six trips. Tuesday morning was warm and a little humid, and the biting bugs were swarming. I had to cover myself with bug spray. But the job is done, at least for now. There are still a lot of apples on the trees.

The grass is parched, so I don't really need to cut it now.

Today my plan, as I said yesterday, is to get the chainsaw out and cut up those fallen limbs and Callie's grape vine trunks.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, bug spray. My summer fragrance when we lived in Connecticut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a lot of bug spray in Alabama, also. Those apples are abundant and a bit of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mitch, yes, it's intoxicating.

    evelyn, and these are the two small trees. Fortunately, the big tree has zero apples this year.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!