Sunday, June 30, 2019

It's too darn hot

Saturday felt hotter than any day during the current heat wave. Last night was bad. The house has heated up and sleeping is extremely uncomfortable. The good news is that it is expected to be significantly cooler today and for the next few days. Already this morning, at 06h00, a nice cool breeze is blowing through the house. Perhaps the worst is over.

Roses are fading fast in the heat.

We're keeping the vegetable garden and deck plants watered, but elsewhere the heat and lack of rain is becoming visible. I realize that I was complaining about the rain not very long ago, but when it doesn't rain for couple of weeks around here it feels like a drought.

I drove over to Tours on Saturday morning and got the new cabinet and sink for the half-bath. I also picked up a few other things we wanted. I won't name the big-box store I went to, but they sell Swedish meatballs that come with pictogram instructions on how to prepare them. And an Allen wrench. ;)

8 comments:

  1. I was singing this song (in Ella Fitzgerald's voice) in my head all day yesterday. And we've got nothing like what you're experiencing. Sounds like even I might understand the Swedish meatballs instructions. (Who knew Home Depot sold Swedish meatballs!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Know Every Answer for preparing Swedish meatballs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Swedish meatballs are something I've never tried lol, but Sweden's women are playing soccer well right now. I'm hoping that USA and Sweden make it to the finals. I love WC soccer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd prefer USA and the Netherlands for the finals. ;)

      Delete
  4. Since I'm a full-blooded Swede, I've enjoyed Swedish meatballs many times through the years. They have a delicate taste, very different than Italian meatballs

    ReplyDelete
  5. mitch, maybe they could teach you to cook! ;)

    jan, I'm not sure I know the questions...

    evelyn & elgee, I'm watching Wimbledon. :)

    diane, my dad used to make them from scratch in the 70s, and we've made them a few times, too. And, we've tried the ones from IKEA. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!