Sunday, July 28, 2019

Contrast

Contrasts abound. We just had one of the hottest days ever, and now it's chilly outside. I had to add a blanket to the bed early this morning. Brrr. Out in the vineyards, the fields of tall grasses are parched brown while the deep-rooted grapes and trees stay green.

Make hay while the sun shines.

The Tour de France concludes today after a tumultuous weekend of hail and landslides shook things up along the route. This afternoon the cyclists will have a calm and relatively easy ride into Paris, the traditional, mostly ceremonial, finish. I'll be watching, if only for the nice aerial shots of the city.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. From hot to cold. Honestly, I wouldn't mind feeling a nip in the air right now! But the contrast is wonderful. I remember driving to Ensanada and commenting that it was simply San Diego without irrigation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sidebar photo of the artichoke. Looks like thistle, so now I'm off to look it up, see if they're cousins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when extreme weather played a prominent hand in making a vintage good or bad. I wonder if weather is important as much, what with better science of wine?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!