Sunday, July 12, 2026

Grilled

The chicken's not the only thing getting grilled this season. Our heat wave continues, making sleep nearly impossible except for a few measly hours in the early morning. It's then that we can throw open the shutters and let the cool air (such as there is) come in.

 Grilled zucchini and chicken tenders. Yum!

We're expecting a high just over 40ºC today. That's 104ºF. We're just not used to this. On the up side, humidity is pretty low. Hang in there! 

7 comments:

  1. Surely the heat will be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary in Oregon12 July, 2026 19:34

    Maybe you will be so used to these high temperatures, the high 90's will be a piece of gateau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary in Oregon12 July, 2026 19:40

    Your grilled plate looks cool (I couldn't resist - actually I should have said, it looks delicious. I grilled skewered chicken once for a NY Eve party with a Greek sauce - which name I can't come up with at the moment. Something like Shashiki or so? Anybody? white, with cucumbers and very fresh tasting. Grilled zucchini sounds good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor fellows! Sleep is awful in the heat. It's near 45C but we are used to it and have AC. I hope it cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been barbecuing (grilling) a lot of chicken lately. Yours look very tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!