Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Happy Equinox!

Depending where (and when) you are, Fall 2026 has arrived. The weather is pleasant, nowhere near what we experienced in the summer months. The grape harvest is done except for the possible exception of some late-harvest-grapes that may still be lingering out there. Now it's time for the leaves to turn and fall. We're in no hurry for that, as long as our pleasant weather holds.

I have to get a handle on my photo data base. I let it get out of control this past year. Bother. As for the yard, I think we've lost another tree. The big Xmas tree in the back looks pretty much dead. I wasn't expecting that. The heat was just too much for it. I need to talk the landscape guy about adjusting the schedule of things if that tree needs to come down. I will take some pictures before that happens.

This little grape vine got slightly ahead of things The photo is from mid-August. And I'm having trouble centering my caption.

7 comments:

  1. Wish we had this kind of weather in my country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The early grape vine looks like it’s trying to make its escape. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your day by day account of the grape harvest. A really dry year, will be a small vintage, but possibly remarkable quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Equinox to you, too!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that only one grape wine has changed color! Great photo and cute caption from Mitchell! I have noticed spots in town where all the trees have beautiful colorations ! But really spotty! I took some photos of trees north of here about 40 miles and on a hill where the trees had started to turn it felt like I was on another planet (!) as they were the first I had seen! Fall is such a beautiful time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. do they make any eiswine in your area?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!