One of our apple trees is covered with fruit. The other is not. We have two trees, both planted before we owned the house. There was another tree, much bigger, but its core had rotted away and the tree fell in a storm.Too bad, too, because it had the best apples of the three (Bramley I think).
This year's somewhat meager crop.
There's actually a hint of rain predicted for later this afternoon. I didn't see any mention of storms, thank goodness.


It amazes me how quickly things grow in the summertime. I hope these apples make for a good pie.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Evelyn! I was away for a week (in London!), and when I came back, the grass seemed to be 3 inches higher, and everything else, too!
ReplyDeleteWalt... have I asked this before? Do you know what kind of apple available in France, is like a Macintosh (which we can only rarely get, here in St. Louis, now)? I remember that just once, in Paris, I bought a big apple at the local épicerie, and it turned out to taste almost just like a Macintosh... delicious :) No idea what it was called.
Bramleys are the best for cooking, I remember your old Bramley tree. Our apple trees are really struggling and there will be hardly any fruit this year.
ReplyDeleteWow. That’s rich with apples. Too bad about the old Bramley. Oddly, I was just reading about how long apple trees live. I don’t even know what prompted me asking myself the question but it popped into my head was I was out walking (no apple trees).
ReplyDeleteThe apples are pretty. I hope they make a good pie.
ReplyDeleteBettyAnn
I am mad-jealous! You are a lucky one for that! Do you ever make hard cider?
ReplyDelete