Friday, April 28, 2006

More Signs of Spring

I promised a shot of the yellow colza fields, so here it is:

Colza field seen from Châteauvieux.

Other signs of spring include the vineyards, neatly trimmed, with tiny leaves just starting to appear. These are on the grounds of the Château de Valençay:


And this handsome fellow is also a resident of Valençay:


I'm going to be rather occupied over the weekend, so there may not be any new posts until early next week. Until then, happy weekend, happy May Day (Labor Day here in France, a national holiday), and I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. What is colza? Enjoyed your pix--very geometrical. You're a good photographer, Walt, and Mary and I both enjoy looking and reading about your life in France, a life, I might add, seems to circulate around food, eating, and everything connected with food. Bien Fait! Cheers. Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabby,

    Thanks to you and Mary! We hope to see you in France one of these days...

    Colza is what the French call Canola. Take a look at my post titled, "New Look," for more info.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!