Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Auntie Q's

Antiques. Junque. Salvage. After breakfast on Saturday, Sean and Jeffrey took me around the corner from the diner to one of their favorite places to shop for old stuff. It's mostly salvage stuff and some vintage stuff and some art.


A glass top table and some other furniture.

We wandered around ooohing and awwwing at all the furniture, lamps, photos, and other treasures. I saw several things that I would willingly take home if I had the means to carry and/or ship them. Thankfully, that's not possible.


Bus destinations.

There was a great glass top table that we all loved instantly. There were old traffic lights that could be really cool as fixtures in the house. I saw many old bus destination signs from the old days. And there were books and photos and paintings of places I remember from when I was a kid.


Sean modeling a hat.

And, more than anything else, there were odd things: broken dolls, novelty items from the seventies, the ugliest table lamps I've ever seen in my life, and more.  It was great fun just wandering around looking, fantasizing, and laughing about the things we were seeing.


 A book of sketches.

After a short time it was time to say "au revoir" to the guys and head off. But we made plans for dinner on Friday, so I'll see them again before I return to France.

10 comments:

  1. Sean wouldn't happen to be a biker, would he? We get lots of hats like that at motorcycle rallies, not to mention the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He He he Jean. I'm just barely butch enough to pull off riding a ten speed, let alone a motorcycle. But that is most certainly a say something hat, is it not? It would have gone great with any of the furs they had for sale....if I wore fur...or women's coats for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean, you crack me up :)
    My grandma had a hat very much like that!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the Auntie's place THE COOLEST PLACE EVER! Full of stuff.....enough entertainment for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to visit Albany. Glad you're having a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like a hat like that. I'd be the star of the village. And some junk too. We don't have nearly enough. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It never ceases to surprise me the treasures one can find in these places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ken, do you have a good outfit to really "go" with that smart hat?! hee hee :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love sifting through junk shops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ken, I'm not sure that wearing that hat would make you the village "star"; perhaps another role...you know, every village has one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!