Saturday, November 14, 2009

Random Shots Around The Plaza

Here are some leftover images from around the Empire State Plaza. When I took the photos you've been seeing for past few days, I did not have a plan as to how to blog them. I didn't intend to do a tour of the plaza and I've left out quite a bit.

The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and Corning Tower.

I didn't go into any of the buildings (except for the museum), and I'm seriously lacking in long shots and the classic views of the plaza. Nor did I go up to the Corning Tower's observation deck on this trip. Been there, done that.

Ceiling detail on the Cultural Education Center.

Most of the plaza photos were taken on one day; it was Halloween. The wind was so strong that I felt like I would fall over while taking pictures. It was hard to hold the camera still. So many leaves were blowing around that I actually had to remove some of them from the images with Photoshop.

Agency Building 4 and the Egg.

But the windy weather meant that the air was clear (except for the leaves) and the sun was out. And the blue sky backdrop makes the white marble-clad buildings much prettier in pictures. So I was very happy about that.

The CEC terrace and the cathedral.

2 comments:

  1. Albany seems to be a very nice place and it's a straight shot from there to Montreál on I-87.

    ReplyDelete
  2. starman, Montréal is a quick 4 hours away!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!