Friday, October 18, 2024

An offer I couldn't refuse

My cousins took me to the Mob Museum in downtown Las Vegas. It's a museum dedicated to the history of organized crime in the US. All manner of exhibits, from clothing to the electric chair, populate the beautifully renovated and historic Las Vegas Post Office building. They even have a section of the brick wall against which seven mobsters in Chicago were executed in 1929, blood stains and all.

The photo is of Gaetano Badalamenti, a member of the Sicilian mafia who used pizza stores as a front for distributing heroin in the United States.

We had steady rain for most of the day yesterday. It ended around midnight. I know because I was awake. Jet lag works in mysterious ways.

2 comments:

  1. Nice articles and your information valuable and good articles thank for the sharing information boss chair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get to the Mob Museum. So strange (and that it includes a blood-stained wall).

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!