Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Autumn in the vineyard

I took this shot (and others) a week ago, just a few days after my return from the US. I think I may have missed the peak, but not by much. I would have done better to take these photos on an overcast day; the bright sunshine washes out the richness of the colors. But that's alright.

The vineyards looking westerly from our hamlet.

The vineyards out back are planted mostly with sauvignon blanc. A good portion of the red grapes have been taken out or replaced over the last few years. Sauvignon is the official grape of our local white wine under the AOP (Appellation d'Origine Protégée) of Touraine Chenonceaux. When the leaves turn color in the fall, the sauvignon tends to be more yellow while the red grapes (cabernet and côt) are more orange and/or red.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think!