Monday, May 08, 2006

Can You Tell It's Sarlat?

Ok, so now I'll move on to Day 2 of the Dordogne trip. It was Saturday and we decided to venture into Sarlat for the market. We stayed for lunch and drove around in the country on little roads in the afternoon.

I took a lot of pictures of the market, but they all look like every other market photo I've taken. You know, multi-colored umbrellas, throngs of people, pretty produce. So I'll skip those for now.

A tisket, a tasket, way too many baskets...

Food to go in a shop window.

A pot of roses outside a closed café, presumably left over from the night before.

We had lunch in town, after moving our car from a quasi-legal space, at a place called La Bedaine. Outside the restaurant hung one of the typical metal signs that we saw all over the region. In this case, a rather rotund waiter (bedaine means "potbelly") proposes a bottle, below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!