Friday, May 25, 2018

At the Palais de Chaillot

I arrived at the Chaillot palace at about ten o'clock and walked up to the entrance to the architecture museum, one of several museums in the sprawling building. Then I saw that it didn't open until eleven. I suppose I could have hung out in a café for an hour, but instead I decided to visit another museum in the same building.

People love to take photos from this spot. I'm no exception.

It was the museum of man, an archeological and anthropological museum about the history of humans. They also had a special exhibit about Neanderthals. It was all mildly interesting and then I was out of there.

This one has a little part of the Palais de Chaillot in it.

So here are two photos of the Eiffel Tower taken from the terrace of the Palais de Chaillot. I like the first one best, but I also like the second one, so you get them both.

4 comments:

  1. It amazes me that I've never seen these views in photos. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first photo is of the Eiffel Tower, the second, the Eiffel Tower is included. I kind of like the second.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sense of space and scale you've captured there.
    Is that Sacre Coeur in the first picture, to the left of La Tour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mitch, that amazes me, too!

    andrew, true. I kind of do, too.

    emm, I believe that's Invalides.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!