Friday, August 18, 2006

Name That Vineyard !

I'm trying something new here at wcs that I call "Name That Vineyard." I'm going to post an aerial view of a known wine producing area of France, provide some basic facts along with a hint, and see how many of you can correctly identify it (leave your guesses in the comments section). The answer will be posted next Friday. Remember that you can click on the image for a larger view. Use your browser's "back" button to return to this page.

The images are from the Institut Géographique National's website called GéoPortail, a cool site that you can check out for yourself, here. I'm using various books and web sites for the "facts" about each wine. I make no guarantee that the facts are absolutely accurate, but I'll try to be sure they're close enough.

Ok, here we go with a relatively easy one. Name that vineyard:


Facts:
  • Primary grape : chenin blanc
  • Wine styles : sec, demi-sec, moelleux; still and sparkling
  • AOC since 1936
  • Area : 2,000 hectares
  • Production : 13 million bottles
Hint : "On va vers Vernou, nous ?"

Bonne chance !

6 comments:

  1. I know you know. And you know that I know you know. We're a very knowledgeable family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this, by any chance, the place one would go to hear Jose tell the story of St. Martin? Or better yet, stop at Aubert and stock up on sparkling wine?

    Guess who...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why yes, John (or is it Candy?), I do believe it is. But you have to name that vineyard to win! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heu, est-ce que la Frenchie peut jouer ??? Sinon, pourquoi le "nous" en reprise" dans ton "hint" ? Bises. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Le jeu est ouvert à tout le monde !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!