Friday, August 25, 2006

Name That Vineyard !

Welcome to NTV Number 2 ! Thanks for the comments on last week's entry, but although most of you demonstrated that you knew the vineyard, none of you actually mentioned its name. You must name it to win ! And yes, it was indeed Vouvray.

Here's this week's entry:

Facts:
  • Primary grape : 13 varietals are authorized here, but the ones most used today are grenache, cinsault, mourvèdre, syrah, muscardin, counoise, clairette, and bourboulenc.
  • Wine style : full-bodied red, still.
  • Area : 3,133 hectares
  • Production : 98,149 hectolitres or 9,814,900 litres (over 13 million bottles)
  • AOC since 1936
Hint:
It's like carrying popes to Newcastle.

1 comment:

  1. Must be Chateauneuf du Pape. I don't know a thing about wine except how to swallow it, but I got the idea from your hint. Did I guess correctly?

    (Walt, did you set up my identity for me? I didn't do it...)
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!