Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eglise Saint-Vincent-de-Paul

Being a city of about fifty-thousand people, Blois has, in addition to its cathedral, many churches around town. This is one of them, the Church of Saint Vincent de Paul. It was built in the mid-seventeenth century and is just across the way from the château.

The setting sun lights up the western flank of the church.

I've not been inside, but it might be worth a look one day. I snapped this picture as we were heading back to the parking lot after visiting the castle.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. It's so clearly different from Romanesque and Gothic -- nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The architectural details you show would make great models for jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how nice to have your kind comment today and then in turn find your blog. I"m your newest follower! Beautiful photographs. I can't wait to see more.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. how well attended are these churches? or are they mostly museum like attractions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. judy, I agree!

    mitch, too bad the French don't have a word for "entrepreneur." lol

    starman, merci!

    virginia, thanks, and welcome!

    michael, I'm not too sure, since I only go in them as a tourist. But I know there are services (just don't know how frequent) depending on the church. Always weddings, funerals, and high Catholic holidays, too. Some churches host concerts or art exhibits as well.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!