Friday, July 27, 2018

Live long, and prosper

I saw this ad poster in town a few days ago and it made me chuckle, so I just had to get the camera and go back for a photo. I wonder if this ad is all over the world, given the burger joint's coverage of the planet and the nearly universal (pun intended) recognition of Star Trek's Mr. Spock.

As Mr. Spock would say, "Fascinating!"

If you've seen this advertisement where you live, I'd appreciate knowing. I'm sure that those of you living on Vulcan have seen it already.

11 comments:

  1. It's here in Bergerac. I have always been very jealous that my husband can do the L L & P with his hands so easily and I can't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't see it in NYC or Washington and haven't seen it here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t seen it in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Computer says no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious. We just gave my niece a baby shower a couple of weeks ago, and it was Star Trek themed -- so there were both cookies and nutella/brioche sandwiches shaped like this badge thingy (not a Star Trek follower, myself), as well as Earl Grey tea. So, I'll share this... I'm sure they will let me know if they've seen it anywhere. I haven't seen it in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dedene says it has been seen in Orléans :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, not (yet) seen here in the Netherlands. Good one, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen it near Sydney. franinoz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing, everyone! And a hat-tip to Seine Judeet who posted a link on Facebook to the ad's origin. It seems to have been created in France for McDonald's France. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up, now, Walt! Not in Eugene-Springfield Oregon area!
    Mary in Oregon

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!